[ga] Bass Matters - Fishing Weather

><> ><>       BASS MATTERS - November 27, 2002      ><> ><>

          http://www.shagmail.com/unsub/bass2.html

Introducing The Toughest, Most Compact Garden Hose EVER!
    The New 50' Roll-Flat Hose Makes Watering Easy!

Now you can harness the same technology used for years on
fire hoses, the Roll-Flat Hose is made of a tuff, yet flexible
material. Guaranteed to never kink, tangle or tear, the 50'
Roll-Flat Hose is so lightweight that you can easily move it
for any job, anywhere! PLUS, it attaches easily to ANY faucet!

As an added bonus, we'll even include 3 FREE Gifts
(A $50.00 Value)

* The Quick Connect
* Convenient Storage Reel
* Adjustable Spray Nozzle

Roll-Flat Hose winds up easily, without twisting for trouble
free storage anywhere. Don't wait order TODAY... you'll LOVE
it! Remember, order NOW to get your three (3) Bonus Gifts
FREE by visiting! http://ads.pulsetv.com/al/a?aid=3657&ent=763
Click Here To Order</a>

Greetings Bass Matters Readers!

Are you looking forward to tomorrow, TURKEY DAY?  I
sure know I am. Mmm, turkey, potatoes & gravey, corn,
sweet potatoes, pumpkin pie, and more! I can already
tell I will be putting on a few extra pounds over this
weekend.

Enjoy your holiday!

Brock

Weather

Wind:
A slight breeze can really turn on fishing, but a
heavy wind is most likely to turn fish off. During a
slight breeze fish the windy side where all the debris
is brought to by the wind. The debris (driftwood or
whatever) contains small insects and such. This
attracts small fish which, therefore, attracts the
larger bass. During a heavy wind the bass become
inactive and head for deeper water. When the water
is dead calm, the bass become spooky. The fish will
hold tightly to cover and will not look upwards toward
the surface if they do not have to, unless it is low
light conditions. With no wind, overcast or low light
periods top water fishing can be deadly.

Rain:
Rain can make fish very active. In the early season
rain can cause warming in the water which makes fish
more active. During the hot days of summer, rain can
cause the water to cool down, which invokes largemouth
bass to be more active. Also, the rain causes insects
and such to flow in the water which can cause a feeding
frenzy. The second thunder and lightning or very heavy
rain start to happen the fish will be spooked and during
this time it is extremely hard to entice a bass to bite
an artificial lure. After this, the fish will be
unwilling to eat much for the next few days. If you
still want to fish a day or two after the rainstorm you
must use the lightest line possible and the smallest
lure possible so you do not spook the bass again. In
muddy conditions, fishing can prove very hard after a
heavy thunderstorm.

Cloud Cover:
Very cloudy conditions can make a bass become active.
The cloud cover can stop light from entering into the
water. Bass are light sensitive, meaning they do not
enjoy a lot of light. With cloud cover, largemouth will
be willing to cruise around and attack any prey that
happen to swim bye. In very cloudy conditions top water
fishing can be a very good technique. Clear skies mean
that more light can enter the water. Bass will hide
from the light and stay right inside thick cover. Texas
rigged worms work well in this situation. You must cast
by the suspected area where bass may hold and retrieve
the lure as close to it as possible. Purple/black
coloured worms seem to be a good choice in most conditions.

[Thanks to http://largemouthbasstips.netfirms.com/]

Here's a wonderful offer for anyone who loves to tinker around
the house. With the FLEXIDRIVER 25 Piece Tool Set you can get
at those hard to reach areas. It's an innovative flexible driver
set... just attach the flexible shaft and you can bend and twist
the tool to any position! Includes:

* A 3-position handle   * Screwdriver bits    * Sockets
* Connector             * Storage case        * Extender
* A flexible shaft for bending & twisting to any position!

Remember it's FREE but you will have to pick up the s&h cost of
$9.83 per set. Order TODAY!
         http://ads.pulsetv.com/al/a?aid=3657&ent=18
FREE FlexiDriver Complete Tool Set</a>

                  FISHING JOKES CORNER

It was a cold winter day, when Old Man Johnson walked out
onto a frozen lake, cut a hole in the ice, dropped in his
fishing line and began waiting for a fish to bite...

He was there for almost an hour without even a nibble when
a young boy walked out onto the ice, cut a hole in the ice
not to far from the old man and dropped in his fishing line.

It only took about a minute and the boy pulled in a nice
sized bass.

Old Man Johnson couldn't believe it but figured it was just
luck. But, the boy dropped in his line and again within just
a few minutes pulled in another one.

This went on and on until finally the old man couldn't take
it any more since he hadn't caught a thing all this time.

He went to the boy and said, "Sonny, I've been here for over
an hour without even a nibble. You have been here only a few
minutes and have caught about half a dozen fish! How do you
do it?"

The boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rrarm."

"What was that?" the old man asked.

 Again the boy responded, "Roo raf roo reep ra rums rarrm."

"Look," said the old man, "I can't understand a word you
are saying."

So, the boy spit a slimy wriggling mass into his hand and
said, "You have to keep the worms warm!"

[Thanks, Dede, for the great joke]

END OF BASS MATTERS - Another FREE ShagMail publication
http://www.shagmail.com

Copyright 2002 by Pulse Direct, Inc. All rights reserved.
Feel free to forward this, in its entirety, to others.

---
You are currently subscribed to bass2 as: ga@dnso.org