Re: [ga] Serious: is there a professional pilot in this GA?

JFC,

I don't think you need to worry about this.

The assistance that (commercial) pilots get are of two types, positioning
and takeoff/landing.
We don't have to worry about the second one in the case you evaluate, but
even if, the landing assistance consists of electronic instrumentation that
translates signals from appropriate equipment (ILS and similar) located at
runway head, or generally at airports. They basically tell you how off the
mark you are hor/ver from the ideal landing path, and are effective only in
the latest part (what is called the "final"), because they assume you are
already aligned for landing.
The former group are radiogoniometers (VORs or similar) that basically allow
you to "make the nautical point" and assess your position. The use of this
equipment is pretty basic flight instruction, necessary to have your licence
for instrumental flight. In fact, they are not "flying" tools, but
navigation tools, and they are the same for Jumbos or for small aircrafts
(in fact, also for boats - the only added dimension in a plane being
provided by the altimeter).
This with a "caveat": in my days, this was the instrumentation, but I would
assume that Jumbos nowadays have also a GPS, that will use satellites for
the same purpose, and that is integrated by software that translates the
signals received automatically into your positioning.
So, no rocket science, no Internet communication, and the alike.
In fact, the biggest problem that, IMHO, the pilots had to face was to
become familiar with the "airborneness" of the Jumbo, which is fairly
different from the Cessnas and Pipers that they were likely to have flown
before. In other words, the way the aircraft react to flaps, the
compensation for the turbulence of the landing gear, and so on. In fact, the
major problem that they had to face was, IMHO, the last maneuver into the
target, that, unfortunately, they have managed to succeed.
Best regards
Roberto