Re: [ga] YesNIC hoarding joesworld.com

John Berryhill writes:

"But that's the beauty of the game, Ross."

This would seem to suggest that the creation of an abundant number of
distinct accredited parties to compete for the artificially limited number
of second level domains was for the purpose of speculation.  You may
correct me if I am wrong but this comment also seems to support the logic:

ross@tucows writes:

"Note to everyone else: expect the utility of whois to decline
dramatically as this observation catches on."

Exactly which parties have a stake in making this "observation" that will
then produce not only a decline of database integrity, but such
a "dramatic" one at that?  My guess is Abe is raising his hand with an
answer.

I suppose this can just be chalked up as a by-product of normal market
place competition, as ICANN defines such an "accomplishment".

Ray