RE: [ga] WHOIS: Bulk access users?

ah, ha. of course. makes sense... "aged" data... etc. etc.

-----Original Message-----
From: Ross Wm. Rader [mailto:ross@tucows.com]
Sent: Thursday, September 05, 2002 11:58 AM
To: Cade,Marilyn S - LGA; jon@jonlawrence.com; 'Thomas Roessler';
ga@dnso.org
Subject: RE: [ga] WHOIS: Bulk access users?

Cross-registry whois is more of a theoretical application at this point.
The data is not fresh enough, nor cheap enough to facilitate this in a
meaningful manner. Referral whois between live systems has been the more
appropriate solution in practice.

                       -rwr

"There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an
idiot."
- Steven Wright

Got Blog? http://www.byte.org/blog

Please review our ICANN Reform Proposal:
http://www.byte.org/heathrow