RE: [ga] WHOIS: Bulk access users?

Thomas

In my experience the customers for bulk access come in three groups:

(1) Law firms or firms providing IP related services to law firms - using
the data to provide search services to their clients for brand protection
purposes and so forth.
(2) competing registrars - for market analysis as well as to build mailing
lists (to be fair some don't use it for mailing lists - the ones who do
are well known).
(3) major resellers - ditto.

rgds
jon