Re: [ga] Re: New TLD Evaluation Process : Specific Question to the Board

Jefsey writes:

"I am confused here.
Would you mean that to proprely advise the Board, the NTEPPTF had not to
get real facts, and was not interested either? Or do I read you wrong?"

yes, it is confusing.  But the NTEPPTF's scope was to basically recommend
how to recommend rather than actually recommending.  As part of this scope,
it correctly cited the need to review registry data and emphasized the need
for registry cooperation to assemble such data.  It then recommended that
yet another task force be put together to actually review this data.  The
NTEPPTF produced a fine report given its job was basically to do what
should have been outlined prior to the July - Nov 2000 time period,
certainly not 18 months after...but, given things are as they are (i.e. way
behind and relatively out of order) I commend the NTEPPTF on the concept of
launching a parallel processing system while the "new" evaluation task
force is doing its work.  I certainly advocate the Board to act upon this
recommendation for all the same reasons as cited by the NTEPPTF.

Ray Fassett