[ga] Regional @ large

Title: Help
Regional @ large.

Icannatlarge.com already has clear Regional membership organisation, so I suggest Denise points
everyone to these:

Either the whole membership at http://www.icannatlarge.com/view.php?sortorder=chrono

or -

see: http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/monitorpeoplesinternet.htm

world@large: http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/memberswholelist.htm

africa@large for Africa Region:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/membersafrica.htm

asia@large for Asia Region:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/membersasia.htm

europe@large for Europe Region:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/memberseurope.htm

india@large for India and Subcontinent Region:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/membersindiansubcont.htm

latincaribbean@large for Latin America and Caribbean Regions:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/memberslatinamericaandcaribbean.htm

middleeast@large for Middle East Region:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/membersmiddleeast.htm

northamerica@large for North America Region:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/membersnorthamerica.htm

seasia@large for South East Asia Region:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/memberssoutheastasia.htm

Or take a look at the national breakdown of membership
For example:

germany@large:
http://www.theinternetchallenge.com/memberseuropegermany.htm

I suggest you simply point everyone to these

In short, the Regional membership already exists and is about to grow
significantly.

Key Question for Denise: If you have regional representatives on your
proposed ALAC, will they be chosen on the basis of one person one vote (ie:
bottom up)?

Richard Henderson

( @large Outreach Working Group)

PS: I am firmly of the belief that most of the @large wants elected
representation on the ICANN Board with full powers as Directors.
It wants user representation at Board level, as proposed, for example, by
the ICANN-appointed ALSG.
It wants ordinary internet users to be represented powerfully on the ICANN
Board as a balance against other smaller constituencies.
It sees the "top-down" ALAC initiative as a wholly inadequate attempt to
legitimise the process of "reform" : the removal of @large Directors and the
creation of a means of "control"  of the @large constituency - a
constituency denied its own ALSO, its own Directors, and kept powerless
because the ICANN establishment fears the strong dissenting voice of the
@large - as seen so clearly in its dealings with Karl Auerbach.

So let's be clear - you can destroy old e-mail lists of the @ large... you
can disenfranchise the @ large... but the @ large still exists, not in ALAC,
but in a continuing community of members, in Regions, in Nations, in
Localities.

The @ large is not something to be "organised" by Denise Michel or Esther.
It exists and is speaking for itself (no I don't mean just me). Ask the
various participants at ALOC : you will hear the same request - give us
empowered Board Directors.

In the meantime, log on regularly to monitor the growth of the @ large
Regional Organisations. They are already here. But they are not organised by
the ICANN Board. To use the words of the ERC-appointed assistance group:

They are "INDEPENDENT regional @ large organisations - SELF-CREATED by the @
large communities".

Yep: