[ga] Re: At-Large Supporting Organization
- To: DannyYounger@cs.com, email@example.com
- Subject: [ga] Re: At-Large Supporting Organization
- From: "vinton g. cerf" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 09:47:46 -0400
- Cc: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, Amadeu@nominalia.com, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, NVictory@ntia.doc.gov
- In-reply-to: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: email@example.com
The reform committee continues to refine its proposals - I think the general perspective is to see how the advisory committee organizes itself before making deeper commitments.
At 11:58 PM 8/15/2002 -0400, DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:
>Thank you for the prompt response. I am sure that you understand that an
>Advisory Committee, while providing opportunities for participation, is not
>the equivalent of a Supporting Organization in that it cannot elect
>representatives to the Board. Is there a particular reason why the Board is
>not amenable to such representation for the At-large community? The ALSC
>proposal for such an SO did have a broad base of community support -- the
>only issue appeared to be the number of directors that it would elect...
>I can understand your decision to back away from global elections, but I find
>it harder to understand why you would shy away from a representative
>construct (the Supporting Organization) that has already served the
>Corporation well. Perhaps you and your fellow Board members can clarify your
>thinking on this matter. It certainly would be appreciated.
SVP Architecture & Technology
22001 Loudoun County Parkway, F2-4115
Ashburn, VA 20147
703 886 1690 (v806 1690)
703 886 0047 fax
This message was passed to you via the firstname.lastname@example.org list.
Send mail to email@example.com to unsubscribe
("unsubscribe ga-full" in the body of the message).
Archives at http://www.dnso.org/archives.html