RE: [ga] Nomination Procedure for nominating ICANN Board Director candidates

Marilyn:

I agree in part with the principles that you have discussed, however, it is
the outcome in which I respectfully disagree. I believe that when the Names
Council extended Philip's term as Chair, despite an understood rule that a
Chair serve no more than two consecutive 6 month terms, you were one of the
individuals that argued about the need for continuity during this critical
juncture of the Names Council.

Following this same line of logic which you previously advocated to extend
Philip's term, then Alejandro is really the only qualified candidate to
serve on the ICANN Board based upon the critical role which he has served
chairing the ICANN Evolution and Reform Committee. Aside from his excellent
qualifications, the reasons I nominated him for a second term, regardless of
how short it may be, was because he is the most uniquely qualified
individual to serve in that capacity.

I would respectfully submit that you should ask Grant, your fellow Business
Constituency Names Council Representative, NOT to accept his nomination, and
support Alejandro's reelection/extension based on the same exact reasons
that Philip was granted an extension as Chair of the Names Council.

Just my two cents.

Mike