[ga] Re: [atlarge-discuss] Former ICANN father figure criticizes domain body

I agree that this is a significant article.

We shouldn't believe that all is lost in ICANN.  At this point there are a
great many important people and institutions that have stated their
opposition to the ICANN "reforms" that would exclude users from the
Board.   Just to name a few:

** Magaziner here calls for the need of an external "force" to make ICANN
more democratic
** The General Accounting Office (the main policy analysis arm of the US
Congress) was very critical of ICANN
** The Carter Center's person on the ALSC talked about a "coup d'etat"
** Milton Mueller's book has appeared at a propitious moment.

ICANN's attempt to close in on itself and exclude users is by no means
going to succeed.  The user community can and must continue to speak out in
support of accountability.

Hans