Re: [ga] FYI FOr the NC-Transfer: Verisign deviltry? Its reply toa customer who wants to leave

At 8:48 PM -0400 7/8/02, L. Gallegos wrote:
>At the very least, there should be a reference to the ACK paragraph
>immediately below the opening paragraph - in CAPS.  The notice is
>sleazy, IMO.  I honestly don't think it should include solicitation other
>than a link for more information and that link should really be located
>below the ACK instructions.

It's called desperation.

With Verisign's stock price at $5.76 and no recovery on the horizon (things
can only get worse) they only have two options.

1. Block transfers out, with underhanded tactics like this.

2. Keep buying up registrars - which is only a temporary measure, because
as soon as registrants find out they're back with Verisign/NSI, they
transfer out AGAIN.

The sooner stockholders and analysts realise that they've invested in a
SICK PIG, the better.

Me, I've laughing my arse off. All that stock that Joe Sims' Offshore Trust
probably got for that favourable re-write of the ICANN/Verisign contact
will be worth pennies on the dollar soon. He should have taken the cash.

--
Andrew P. Gardner
barcelona.com stolen, stmoritz.com stays. What's uniform about the UDRP?