Re: [ga] your comments

On Thu, May 30, 2002 at 06:52:06AM +1200, DPF wrote:

> As an example of how stupid and petty this is, the .nz ccTLD manager
> moved buildings well over a year ago.  ICANN *refuse* to update our
> address in the IANA database until InternetNZ sign a contract with
> them so the result is official mail from ICANN (including their
> request for a donation to be made as a good faith gesture!!!) goes to
> a near empty building on the other side of town.

We may have been lucky, but in the course of the last year NIC Chile
has requested and obtained changes for our street address and telephones,
and also for name servers. The last change is documented in

	http://www.wwtld.org/tracking_iana_requests.html

and took 15 days. The issue of a contract was never mentioned by ICANN.

Patricio Poblete
NIC Chile