Re: Membership criteria - was [ga] NC BS

> william@wxsoft.info (Fri 05/17/02 at 09:19 PM -0700):
>
> > > but really, the idea that outreach/input promoted by motion #1 should
> > > be spoken of in the same context as (alleged) ballot-stuffing is ludi-
> > > crous.
> >
> > It's not ballot stuffing, its issue shopping by soliciting voters who
> > otherwise are not participants in the process.
>
> well, you've got to start somewhere. specific issues are an excellent
> way to get people involved.

No William I believe that a three month waiting period would violate my
rights to participate in the governing of the Internet since this is an
ICANN lobby and would open this SO to being sued from its own members as
well as any others it refused to accept votes from because of this
prejudicial rule you are talking about.

> > A "residency requirement" of say 3 months would be an effective way of
> > preventing that from occurring, without excluding people for arbitrary
> > reasons.
>
> and term limits are an effective way of giving incumbents and fanatics
> the boot.

I agree by the way - there are too many squatters in the various layers of
the ICANN. Especially in the PSO's.

> but the point is mechanisms of exclusion, not mechanisms of
> exclusion.

You mean "mechanisms of inclusion, not mechanisms of exclusion" dont you?

Todd