Re: [ga] FYI: Bret's Bylaws and Bret's Mission

Bret and all assembly members,

Bret Fausett wrote:

> Thanks for the note, Alexander. I've added another URL:
> http://icann.blog.us/stories/2002/05/24/myGlobalElection.html

  The biggest problem I can see with what you are suggesting is
from you link above :
"Voting would not begin until the number of
 registered voters reached 5000, with a minimum
 of 500 in each region. Ballots would be sent to
 voters by postal mail, and the deadline for
 returning them would be 60 days after they were
  mailed.   It's simple, cost-effective and trustworthy. "

1.)  Many stakeholders in a number of countries do not have
postal systems that are adequate or even postal addresses
but do have internet access.

2.) I find it very difficult to believe with Postal costs rising
in the US and elsewhere that this is cost effective as the
ONLY means to cast a ballot.

3.) 60 days in internet time is far too long.

4.) We already have a huge fraud problem with mailed ballots
      in the US.  I can attest to that myself.  I cannot therefore
      begin to imagine that on a global basis that various types
      of vote fraud would lessened vs electronic voting using the
      method you are prescribing to here..

> > Alexander Svensson wrote:
>  Highly recommended reading:
>  http://icann.blog.us/2002/05/23.html
>  http://www.lextext.com/bretsbylaws.html
>  http://www.lextext.com/bretsmission.html

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827