Re: [ga] Re: [voters] RESULTS: Vote on Two motions about ICANN Reform, May 2002

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> I believe Mr. Walsh may be suffering from IDNO flashbacks brought on
> by his tour of duty there not long ago...  Kind of like John Rambo in
> the movie First Blood, Mr. Walsh is still fighting his "Charter" war.
> Sad. Truly sad, and kind of demented.  But, anyone who keeps an
> amateur investigative journal on Jeff Williams a.k.a Bob Davis etc.,
> is IMHO actually a sadder wretch than the subject of his/her 'research'.

I was rightly admonished by the GA list administrator on my unfortunate
phrasing re: "kind of demented" above.  Indeed, the actual remonstrance
from our list overseer was:

"kind of demented" is on the very border of an insulting personal attack. Please refrain from this choice of words in future postings to the DNSO General Assembly. </end>

In all fairness I must agree.  It does indeed verge on being a personal attack, albeit not quite fully one.  Mr. Walsh, I did not mean to imply actual dementia in your specific instance in any way via this characterization.  It was a literary embellishment, if you will, nothing more or less.

Indeed, in all honesty I have never met Mr. Walsh and I harbour no personal ill will against him. In fact, as I've said often enough in the past, I find his postings quite beguiling at times.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos