Re: [ga] Bret Fausett's contributions

I direct your attention to my senate testimony, which was moderately
specific, and UDRP work, on my website, which is very specific.

I think you owe it to your clients and your public to specify when you
speek for yourself and when you speak for your clients.

Specifically, do you bill for these insulting emails, i.e. do so as
ICANN's lawyer, or is this a private effort?

On Fri, 24 May 2002, Joe Sims wrote:

> It is nice to see someone actually make some specific suggestions.  Bret's
> constructively critical approach to ICANN is always a happy contrast to the
> Byfield's and Froomkin's of the world, who have (at least in my memory)
> never met an ICANN action or decision they liked.  And anyone who had any
> naive notion that the tabloid they edit was even remotely intended to be
> objective can see from the exchange between Thomas and Ted that the editors
> have their own unique notion of journalism.  The comparison to Bret's
> ICANNBlog, for example, is pretty stark.    I do note that Bret's suggested
> revisions to the mission statement and bylaws are fairly limited, and if
> you put aside those dealing with at large elections, where we simply have
> an honest difference of opinion, very limited.  The ccSO issue is
> complicated, and all bound up in the broader question of the cc
> relationship to ICANN; it would be odd for the cc's to have the right to
> elect members to the Board of an organization whose policy decisions they
> refused to recognize as having any effect on them.  With respect to the
> other suggested changes, they are all within the realm of reasonable
> argument, and as such I am sure will be discussed at the Board retreat.
> Thanks, Bret, for making the effort, and be prepared for the inevitable
> conspiracy theories to follow,
>

> Joe Sims

		Please visit http://www.icannwatch.org
                        -->It's hot here.<--