Re: Truths (Re: [ga] Lies, damned lies, and votes.)

welllllll facts are facts...but given the numbers...I would not hold my
breath and jump up and down claiming any difference there is
statistically significant.

Please folks. We debated the existence of the right of the GA to make
motions, we debated the motions, we barely (procedurally) debated
content and implications. We voted. Both motions passed with clearly
more than a majority.  Do we have to argue about this too?  Do we have
to discuss the fact that some people voted and others didnt? Do we have
to interpret the fact that some voted immediately....and Dan steinberg
inextricably....waited a few days???

Roberto Gaetano wrote:

> Marc Schneiders wrote:
>

> >There are truths that are not merely mathematical. There are lies that
> >are.
> >

> There are some facts (whether they are matematical or not, I don't know, but
> AFAIK they are truths):
>
> a. both motions passed
>
> b. motion #2 gathered wider consensus than motion #1.
>
> Political interpretation of the value of these facts varies with the opinion
> of the beholder, but whatever attempt to deny (or hide) the facts is insult
> to the GA.
>
> Regards
> Roberto

Dan Steinberg