Re: [ga] Procedure.

Title: Help
Thomas Roessler wrote:

The mode of operation I have proposed is asking two questions (to
speak in terms of the rules):

1. Should the GA adopt resolution A?
2. Should the GA adopt resolution B?

Since the objective of this election is to have one resolution in
the end, I have added the rule that the resolution which receives
most "yes" votes is the one we consider the ultimate outcome of the
vote.

Richard Henderson enquires:

So if Resolution A gets 34%, Resolution B gets 33% and "No Resolution
At All" gets 33%, then Resolution A will be considered accepted,
notwithstanding your other "rule" quote - "the additional condition that
more than 50% of voters accepted it" ?

Because what I see is a second resolution which effectively divides a
group of people who probably are all critical of ICANN.

If you are going to apply your 50% rule, then it should be in the context
of voting for a single resolution. Otherwise the 50% rule seems arbitrary.
Why not have 26 resolutions, Resolutions A to Z, all of which may in
various ways seem critical of ICANN, and yet NONE of them get more
than 10% and so NOTHING gets resolved.

The 50% rule should only apply if ONE resolution is being considered.
I hope you can reassure me that this is actually the case!

Richard Henderson