[ga] Re: [DOMAIN POLICY] IPv8 Report on 3:146 PRO

Jim and all,

Jim Fleming wrote:

> http://www.name-space.com has .PRO names
>
> http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=02/05/08/1226216

  Yes this was rather interesting.  Several problems I see with this
proposal that it seems ICANN has approved yet again without
stakeholder approval and in violation their own stated set
of principals.  See from: http://www.registrypro.com/aboutpro.htm
in particular this section:
"IP Protection, allowing registered trademarks to
 pre-register domain names to protect their
 intellectual property online"

This seems to be against ICANN's warning from several months
ago now against "Pre-Registration".

> Is this part of the testing of the 32-bit IPv4 "dual registry" concept ?
>
> http://www.iana.org/reports/pro-report-06may02.htm
> "To assist in a stable introduction with the public awareness needed to minimize confusion, ICANN has agreed with RegistryPro that
> the .pro TLD should be established in the DNS at this time for testing and evaluation purposes."
>
> http://root-dns.org/vuedig/vuedig_tld.php?record=NS&tld=pro&submit=Submit
>
> LRS : Legacy Root Servers : 198.41.0.4
> VueDig Results : Answer = 0 : Authority = 1 : Additional = 0.
> .pro not found.
>
> NSpace : Name.Space : 209.48.2.11
> VueDig Results : Answer = 10 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 10.
> pro. 1D IN NS MEDIAFILTER.ORG.
> pro. 1D IN NS NS12.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS NS00.ROOT-ZONE.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS ROOT8.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS NS1.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS NS11.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS ROOT3.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS NS7.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS NS.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 1D IN NS NS10.AUTONO.NET.
>
> ORSC : Open Root Server Confederation : 199.166.24.1
> VueDig Results : Answer = 10 : Authority = 0 : Additional = 8.
> pro. 2D IN NS NS1.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS MEDIAFILTER.ORG.
> pro. 2D IN NS ROOT3.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS NS00.ROOT-ZONE.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS ROOT8.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS C.TLD-SERVERS.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS NS10.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS B.TLD-SERVERS.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS NS12.AUTONO.NET.
> pro. 2D IN NS NS.AUTONO.NET.
> ======
>
> Jim Fleming
> http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv4-address-space
> http://www.ntia.doc.gov/ntiahome/domainname/130dftmail/unir.txt

> Tied to your PC? Cut Loose and
> Stay connected with Yahoo! Mobile
> http://us.click.yahoo.com/QBCcSD/o1CEAA/sXBHAA/CefplB/TM

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827