[ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] How to distract the At-large

  • To: General assembly list <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] Re: [ALSC-Forum] How to distract the At-large
  • From: Sotiris Sotiropoulos <sotiris@worldatlarge.org>
  • Date: Sat, 11 May 2002 01:08:26 -0400
  • Sender: owner-ga-full@dnso.org

Danny et al.,

Thanks for the list Danny.  I'm wondering if you gathered
contact email
addresses for the listed organizations, and if you'd care
to share it
with myself or some other member(s) of the
icannatlarge.com SC.  I think
it would be helpful to compile such a list as for our
organization's
Outreach purposes.

Sincerely,

Sotiris Sotiropoulos

DannyYounger@cs.com wrote:

 >Bruce,
 >
 >You seem to be under the mistaken impression that there
is no At-Large "out
 >there", and that you need to heed the ICANN commandment
to "go forth and
 >multiply" and create "brand new" At-Large structures.
User associations are
 >out there by the thousands.  Just perform a search in
any engine and you will
 >find them without difficulty.  I found these in a matter
of minutes, and
 >there are thousands more...
 >
 >You have been suckered into the ICANN plan to distract
the At-Large
 >opposition.  While you're taking your sweet time
organizing yet another user
 >group, ICANN is busy laughing as they act to totally
eliminate the At-Large
 >structure and kill off the At-Large directors.  But go
ahead and have fun
 >with your Charter, your bylaws, and your voting.  Maybe
it'll give you
 >something to keep doing after the At-Large is finally
buried.

> [...]
 >MacWoburn User Group
 >SouthEastern Michigan Computer Organization
 >Twin Cities Computer User Groups
 >Twin Cities System Administrators
 >St. Louis Java SIG
 >American Association for Artificial Intelligence
 >Association for Computational Linguistics
 >Association for Computing Machinery
 >Association for Multimedia Communications, Inc.
 >Association For Women in Computing
 >Association of Internet Professionals
 >Association of Online Professionals
 >Association of Personal Computer Users Groups
 >Be User Groups
 >Chic Computer Club
 >COMMON
 >Computer Game Developers' Association
 >Computer Security Institute
 >Convergence International
 >CPSR -- Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility
 >DECUS Home Page
 >Fibre Channel Assocation
 >FIREBUG - The First BeBox Users' Group
 >IBM SP User Group
 >IEEE Communications Society
 >IEEE Computer Society
 >Independent Computer Products User Group
 >International Association for Management of Technology
 >International Association of Computer Professionals
 >International Oracle Users Group - Americas
 >International Webcasting Association
 >International Webmasters Association
 >Linux User Groups
 >Network Professional Association
 >Networking and Systems Professionals Association
 >SANS Institute
 >Software & Information Industry Association
 >Storage Networking Industry Association
 >The Association of Shareware Professionals
 >The CyberSkills Association
 >UniForum
 >USENIX Association
 >USENIX Online Library and Index
 >AITP-Cornhusker Chapter
 >Las Vegas Macintosh Users Group
 >New Mexico Internet Professionals Association
 >Albany New York PowerBuilder User Group
 >Staten Island Macromedia User Group
 >Unigroup of New York
 >Piedmont Triad NT Users Group
 >Triad Apple Core
 >Computer Erie Bay Users Group
 >Lorain County Computer Users Group
 >Visual Basic User Group of Cincinnati
 >Portland Macintosh Users Group
 >Harrisburg Unix Users Group
 >Coastal Mac User Group
 >AITP-Austin Chapter
 >Alamo PC
 >Apple Corps of Dallas Macintosh Users Group
 >Delphi Developers of Dallas
 >Houston Area Apple Users Group
 >TAMULUG
 >Tyler Area Macintosh Users
 >Dublin University Internet Society
 >IEE Informatics Division
 >Free Software & Linux Club at USU
 >Utah BeOS User Group
 >Utah Computer Society
 >Kitsap Macintosh Users Group
 >Strait Macintosh Users Group
 >Western Computer User Group
 >BayCHI - the San Francisco Bay Area chapter of ACM SIGCHI.
 >Software Ergonomics special interest group of the Swiss
computer scientists'
 >federation
 >Greater Boston SIGCHI (The New England area chapter of
ACM SIGCHI)
 >The New England Chapter of the Human Factors and
Ergonomics Society
 >The Lone Star SIGCHI (The Dallas/Ft. Worth Chapter of
SIGCHI)
 >The British HCI Group
 >IFIP (International Federation for Information Processing)
 >STIMDI (Swedish Interdisciplinary Interest Group for HCI)
 >EXUG - European X User Group
 >X Consortium
 >Computer Professionals for Social Responsibility (CPSR)
 >IEEE Societies:
 >Computer Society
 >The Society on Social Implications of Technology (SSIT)
 >Systems, Man and Cybernetics Society
 >X/Open
 >International Ergonomics Association
 >Human Factors and Ergonomics Society (HFES)
 >Northern Utah Computer-Human Interaction (NUCHI) Special
Interest Group (SIG)