Re: [ga] Motion # 1

At 11:00 AM 5/10/2002 -0700, William X. Walsh wrote:
>Friday, May 10, 2002, 10:51:02 AM, t byfield wrote:
> > ross@tucows.com (Fri 05/10/02 at 10:56 AM -0400):
>
> >> There has been zero consultation or discussion on the merits, or lack
> >> thereof, of the proposition and as such cannot even remotely be taken as a
> >> representative question.
>
> > ross--
> > if it's not representative, then surely it will be voted down, no?
>
>Yet another first time poster....

         I've been too busy on non-DNS issues to participate in this
debate, but I've got to jump in here.  ted byfield is one of the most
knowledgeable and astute ICANN observers out there; you can find some of
his 1999-2001 commentary at <http://www.tbtf.com/roving_reporter/>, and
he's currently an ICANNWatch editor.  If the current controversy is getting
folks like ted onto the ga list, that's without question a good thing (for
us, if not for him).