Re: [ga] RE: Motion # 1 - addendum/now this is a point of order

> Dear Joanna,
> I do not support that text as such as not enough worked and IMHO not
> properly addressed not detailed yet. I have introduced many
> propositions to  add to that motion you did not take into account.
>
> I know that this is difficult, but since you took the role of writer, I
>  suggest you now proceed on a step by step basis.
>
> 1. what is the purpose of the motion?
>      - disruptive
Of course, one must disrupt negative behavior.
>      - advisory
Of course, the users must advise the top brass.
>      - force to a dialog
Well maybe but we have to find a common language, like democracy.
>      - obtain missing responses
We cannot bring them in until they have a voice.
>      - "suicide"
This is not new, hemlock in Socrates' writings is a responsible alternative.

> 2. to who should it be addressed to?
>      - formally
Why Not?
>        - to the BoD
Yes.
>        - to the NC
Why?
>        - to the DoC
Of course.
>        - to the world
Done, thank you Jamie and Jefsey.
>        - to the outerspace
Cool.
>      - actually
>        - to the DoC to obtain a decision
Yes and No.  First have the vote which may or may not fail and then get the
form online to make a "formal no not really" petition.
>        - to the BoD to make them moving
The only movement there aside from Karl and Alejandro seems to be bowel
related.
>        - to the reform committee as a warning
Why not add it so they can pretend it does not exist.
>        - to the GAC members to create a problem they will have to solve
Absolutely
>        - to the Congress
Again, first a vote and then an online petition.
>        - to the Press
No.
>        - to our own ego
For sure dude.

> 3. what is our real reason?
>      - that we are unhappy with the ICANN principle
Perhaps not in toto, let us see the vote.
>      - that we see that the current ICANN structure will never work -
Many of us believe that the only problem with Icann is the top level people
not fulfilling their written contractual obligations.  Or that evil has
creeped in and allowed control freaks to wrest away that which was already
ordained to commoners.
>      that we have real concerns about the DNS stability
I would hope a rebid would address this, and make it better.
>      - that we have concern for the world's economy structure under the
>
> present DNS managment

Well it don't take no genius to see it effects economy, and does so without
accountability and that the DoC is refusing to accept its' responsibility at
this time.  But in that Vacuum we se China changing and the EU poised to be
bold and make a difference and small people like me advising small countries
to make an informed choice.

> 4. what is our real target?
>      - to support external propositions
>      - to develop a GA proposition
>      - to permit a real debate on real element and not only on Stuart's
>
> emotions
>      - to protect national interests and security
>      - to protect business interests

I cannot know such rationale in the minds of so many.
> 5. what are the elements missing in the current ICANN mission?
>      I listed a few of them which should be listed in whereas, but many
>
> others may be indentified and then filtered to obtain a realistic and
> easy  to understand list for press and Congress
>
> The question is not we will commit suicide or not, the question is the
> time  we will spend on it to be of use. Eben if it is only for the
> records: it  will help in the future to disqualify those who did not
> tried to save the  Internet from ICANN's bureaucracy.
>
> Until that work is done, I reseve my support to this motion.
> jfc

All of us should reserve our support at this time and wait and listen and
maybe even ask a few who are not here what they would like.
Jefsey, is there a French Corp that would take this over?

Eric

>>--
>>This message was passed to you via the ga@dnso.org list.
>>

>>---
>>Incoming mail is certified Virus Free.

http://www.Hi-Tek.com
Reality in a Digital World

The information transmitted in this e-mail is intended for the person or
entity to which it is addressed, and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material.  Any review, retransmission or other use of, or
taking any action in reliance upon this information by persons or
entities other than the intended recipient is strictly prohibited.  If
you receive this e-mail in error, please contact the sender and delete
this material from any system.  Thank you!