Re: [ga] reform proposal

Kristy and all assembly members,

Kristy McKee wrote:

> Folks, if we are really considering this proposal, why don't we start by
> listing all the processes we want to change or list what we want?  How will
> the decision makers know who to choose if we don't communicate what we want?

  GOod suggestion Kristy.  But I believe that we as GA members either
individually or as small subgroups as well as in conjunction with other
interested parties/stakeholders/users, have done this many times already...

> For example, if you want Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice
> cream, don't tell me you are tired of chocolate yogurt and want me to get
> you something else in the genre of ice cream.  Tell me you want Ben and
> Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream.  In reference to ICANN, let's
> be specific about what we WANT, in addition to letting them know why we
> don't want ICANN.

  Again I believe Kristy that this has been done a number of times.
BTW I luv Ben and Jerry's New York Super Fudge Chunk ice cream!  >;)
But rarely allow myself to have any as I am kind of a fitness freak to a
degree... :(

> Our Names Council is discussing this topic and has requested our input.  I
> am willing to set aside some time to help come up with a response for them
> to ponder and perhaps include in their findings/report.  I would think
> those who are sincere would also volunteer to participate in such a
> group.  We even have an extra publicly archived mail list we could use to
> move the process/work to another location, one without a five post limit.
>
> :)

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827