Re: [ga] reform proposition RFP

Jefsey and all assembly members,
.
  This is a very interesting proposal Jefsey.  But IANA.EXE as you
propose here does nothing for me of other stakeholders that they
cannot already do anyway should they so choose that I can see...
SROOTS and BindPlus using most of the original code from
Bind 8.4 can accomplish this at no cost to anyone.  Same is
also true of what Karl A. has been testing for some time
now to as I understand it.  So perhaps you can tell us
why or what the justification for a Max of $5500.00US
fee for using IANA.EXE that as you say only runs on
WinNT and those funds go to he world@wide foundation,
which I am sure is a worthy foundation?  Please advise...

jefsey wrote:

>   RFP for the development of the "iana.exe" program.
>
> This program will run under WinNT and possibly under Linux.
> It will be installed on a four machines system :
> - in MdR (ICANN)
> - in Herndon (VRSN)
> - in Geneva (ITU/T)
> - in Versailles (my office)
> The machines will be interconnected via the net with full up-dates
> every
> minutes.
>
> 1. iana.exe will be available to everyone to register entries, make
> sure
> they are unique and respond three minutes later on (to allow a
> complete
> update cycle): this will limit the number of entries to 175,200 per
> year
> providing an auto-regulation between a limited number of entries,
> updates etc.
>
> 2. entries will be for IP blocks and will support 256 entries for
> IPv4,
> 2056 for IPv8 and a large number for IPv6 'tests). They will be for
> protocol numbers. They will be for network names (TLD).
>
> 3. For names ; it will be in a first come first serve basis with
> verification of two name servers. With the delays and updates, it is
> expected that the 1.000.000 TLDs announced by the ICANN in MdR 2000
> will
> not occur before June 2053. TLD Managers not re documented every year
> will
> be removed form the root (so the IANA database will be kept updated).
>
> iana.exe will report:
> - the status of the IP blocks
> - the protocols numbers
> - the root file for the USG and the stub files for the Open Roots
> systems
> - the current directory of the TLDs.
>
> The program will not be billed more than $ 5500.
> the world@wide foundation.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827