Re: [ga] Motion text + list of supporters

Joanna and all assembly members,

  You list of supporters does not include my name.  I DO SUPPORT
Jamies motion.  Your proposed list is also missing several
other declared supporters as well.  (Please Review archives
for this forum more closely)...

Joanna Lane wrote:

> MOTION TEXT:
> "The GA asks the US Department of Commerce to have an open competition for
> the services now provided by ICANN, provided that the new competition would
> address the need to develop an international framework for DNS management.
> The rationale for asking for a rebid is that ICANN has dramatically changed
> the initial terms of reference for ICANN, and is proposing even further
> changes, which have met extensive opposition in the Internet community. The
> rebid would allow the DoC to consider both the ICANN board proposal for
> restructuring, and alternatives offered by others for managing key Internet
> resources."
>
> VOTE OPTIONS: For, Against, Abstain
>
> FRIENDLY AMENDMENTS:
> Deletion of duplicate "the" in the first sentence.
> "intitial" changed to "initial" and "refence" changed to "reference" in the
> second sentence.
> Addition of Abstention to Vote options.
>
> SUPPORTERS
> The following Members indicated their support for a largely similar Motion:-
>
> 1. James Love (Proponent)
> 2. John Palmer (Second)
> 3. Danny Younger (Second)
> 4. Jeanette Hoffman
> 5. Joanna Lane
> 6. Sotiris Sotiropoulos
> 7. Karl Auerbach
> 8. David Farrar
> 9. Jefsey Morfin
> 10. Daniel Pare
> 11. Y. J. Park
> 12. Eric Dierker
> 13. Jonathan Weinberg
> 14. Andy Duff
> 15. Hugh Blair
> 16. Richard Henderson

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827