Re: [ga] Negative outreach norms, board claims regarding consensus in favor of "reform" efforts

Wednesday, May 08, 2002, 1:09:40 PM, James Love wrote:

> 2.  One reason to have this vote is that the ICANN board and staff are
> telling governments (everywhere) that they have a consensus in the "Internet
>  community" on the reform process.  And if they say so, who is to say
> otherwise?

The instead develop a DOCUMENT that details the disagreements, float
it for discussion here, and see if consensus develops within the GA
that goes against ICANN's reform proposal.

THAT would be within our charter.

Posting a resolution demanding a rebid is NOT within our charter, and
is out of order.

If you want to indicate support for that, do what I suggested earlier,
Jamie:

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>