[ga] Outreach

Let us do a little remedial homework on this outreach deal.

The Banner and Logo concept for the AL.com is a good case study.

First let us look at who we want to attract and bring into this fiery
ball of burning wax.
Then let us look at how we attract them.

(in the mean time we should wonder and contemplate if the TR. and JL
methods of individual outreach are really productive) they go out and
get votes but is that good or bad or indifferent.

Banners and slogans are cool and do get an occasional buyer, hits and
clicks are good for commerce concepts but are they really what we are
after.

WXW has some good points on the quality of what we attract, although we
are diametrically opposed on the value concept.

Give me some sponsorship value added and our group will drive a million
hits a day to any web site you want.
Big freaking deal. I do not think the GA should act like a dotbomb.

I don't think we should hang up a sign that says no wasps, latinos or
ignoramuses.  But what do we want in here?

Regardless (or is it irregardless) of the nay sayers Jamie Love and his
"movement" (take that any way you want) are making the GA more
important. EU is watching and listening, I note from a little bird that
dotCN is watching and certainly Mr. Evans and the US congress is
watching.

If you sloth's want me to write up the criteria for outreach with all
the ramifications, I will, but I don't think you engineers will like
much of the real world creeping into your ivory towers.

Thanks to all for participating in this great experiment.
Eric