Re: [ga] GA proceedures

Jamie and all assembly members

James Love wrote:

> 1.  What does it take to get a vote from the GA?

  It takes as Thomas has edicted, his approval for a ballot to be
issued.  That seems a little unrealistic and out of sync to me
with any assembly that I have ever been on or associated with
but there you have it...

> 2.  Could we have a vote on whether or not we would like the US Department
> of Commerce to rebid the ICANN contract, on the grounds that ICANN is
> abandoning the original promise regarding at large elections and bottom up
> consensus decision making, with all stakeholders included?

  I would like to see a vote on this as well.  So I respectfully second
James suggestion.  So I will try to put in the form of a resolution:

Be this question  resolved:

Do the DNSO GA members: whether or not we would like the US Department
of Commerce to rebid the ICANN contract, on the grounds that ICANN is
abandoning the original promise regarding at large elections and bottom up
consensus decision making, with all stakeholders included.

[ ] Yes would like rebid of ICANN Contract
[ ] No would not like rebid of ICANN Contract

> Jamie

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827