Re: [ga] [fwd] [council] teleconference / discussion fodder (from: roessler@does-not-exist.org)

At 19:16 1/05/02 +0200, Thomas Roessler wrote:

>I'd suggest that, before you start discussing individual policy
>development mechanisms, you come to some agreement on what kind of
>ICANN you are talking about.

That is a sensible suggestion to the NC members.
But even if followed, the problem that I can see is that an agreement (a
majority vote?) among the members of the NC on the kind of ICANN that they
want to see emerge from the reform process, still does not bind the
internet community, least of all the registrants, who are largely excluded
from this NC.
Before all else, and before deciding on how to measure "some agreement" the
Names Council should start to examine its own representativity.
Perhaps it will conclude that under the current circumstances only a
unanimous vote will do.

--Joop