[ga] Verisign stock price falls off a cliff

Hello,

As I type this, Verisign (stock symbol: VRSN on Nasdaq) is down 37%.
See:

http://finance.yahoo.com/q?h=1&s=vrsn&d=t

Does ICANN have contingencies in place should a registry operator be in
such dire financial straits that it's unable to operate the registry?
(unlikely for the com/net/org registry, but with all the other ones in
existence, what happens if they sink into oblivion?

Hopefully those employees of VRSN on the list got out at a better
price. I've heard it's a false statement that opponents of VRSN are
saying "we're not through, until Verisign's under 2" (the real mantra
is "we're not done, until Verisign's under 1"). :)

Sincerely,

George Kirikos
http://www.kirikos.com/