[ga] US bashing

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> could someone remember that the world is no part of the USA?
> Only the US Anti Cybersquatting Act gives some crediblity to the position
> that an electronic pointer on comonly shared public tables has a value by
> itself. jfc

Jefsey,

My entire work is concentrated on multinational stuff.  I live in a border town.
There are only a handful of adults within my neighbourhood that are US born.  I
attended Colleges in Paris and Puebla.  I have an office is Saigon.  My three
children are bilingual and have already lived in another country.  The US has not
asked for but has been handed many roles to play in the international arena.  The
internet in it's current form can best be described as developed in the US.
English as spoken in the US has evolved into the predominant international
language.  The US government is trying to stay out of the Internet business.

So could you try to remember that the US is part of the world. Just because
something comes from the US or a discussion is based on US principals does not make
it bad.  Your point is always well taken that the ICANN matters should not be
UScentric but to bash us as a nation is out of line.

I applaud your countries hard work and wonderful spirit in contributing to a stable
Internet.  I only wish that you could recognize the same of my country. (Statute of
Liberty)

Sincerely,
Eric