Re: [ga] Re: Abusing consensus in the Transfers TF

Ross and all assembly members,

  Simply put, I think the consensus that Danny is talking about
it the consensus of the registrants, instead of the Registrars.
Perhaps that is where the disconnect resides?

  As far as I know the survey to which I believe you are referring
is not known to any of our members, domain name holders all,
including myself.  So I will ask again; Where is this survey?
Whom has input as to what questions are ask on this survey?

Ross Wm. Rader wrote:

> Danny,
>
> While your rhetoric and misplaced theories may excite some, my actual
> statements are far less impressive.
>
> "The work of this task force thsus far has focused on points number 1
> through
> 5 in the Final Terms of Reference document...
>
> At this point I would like to propose that we turn our attention to point #6
> "...develop recommendations to the Names Council for guidance to the ICANN
> Board of Directors concerning any amendment of existing contractual
> agreements, where such changes are needed to correct any identified clauses
> which require policy guidance or clarification , should the Names Council
> determine that consensus support for said recommendations exists, as
> specified in section 2.d of the ICANN bylaws." pending the receipt of the
> feedback required by point #4.
>
> I firmly believe that there will be no surprises from the registrants that
> would derail any efforts put towards achieving the goals of point #6. At
> worst, I expect that we may have to undertake minor modifcations pending
> receipt of this feedback, but that this will largely be mitigated by the
> current user groups that are participating in this task force. The needs of
> the various user stakeholders are largely complementary as it relates to
> transfers. Of course, the Registrar Constituency cannot pretend to speak on
> behalf of this community, we do have excellent exposure to their interests,
> needs and challenges through our economic dealings with them. In the year
> that I have been working this issue, I have not seen any dissonance with the
> goals of Registrars vis-a-vis Registrants."[1]
>
> Further, while you state elsewhere that "we don't get it", the registrar
> constituency *has* achieved constituency on the best practices document that
> I have tabled. The very fact that this document was accepted by all but two
> registrar members (one abstaining, one against - the one that abstained
> helped me draft this document) is perfect evidence of this consensus. If
> this isn't a reasonable demonstration of consensus then perhaps I don't get
> it.
>
> To the rest, I can only offer that perhaps you gain a better understanding
> of the differences between work planning, tabled propositions and final
> recommendations. Each of which are very specifically and appropriately dealt
> with in my proposal to the TF.
>
> -rwr
>
> [1] For those of you that wish to inform yourselves, the complete post can
> be found at http://www.dnso.org/clubpublic/nc-transfer/Arc00/msg00152.html

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827