Re: [ga] Abusing consensus in the Transfers TF

Danny, Joanna and all assembly members,

  Danny, Joannas is quite right, and she was not the only one as
I would think you know full well.  ????  So I am surprised
at you remarks Danny.  We [INEGroup] through myself as
spokesman responded to Ross specifically on the Whois
issue, vis-a-vis Registrants as well as Registration practice
as well as policy.

Joanna Lane wrote:

> According to Ross, we can quickly move past the need to hear from
> registrants
> because, "In the year that I have been working this issue, I have not seen
> any dissonance with the goals of Registrars vis-a-vis Registrants."
>
> ----------------------
>
> False. As a Registrant, I provided feedback to the Registrars through Ross
> Radar over a period of time before this final paper was published, and in
> particular objected to the proposed clause relating to the Registrar's
> ability to conduct a bankruptcy search on the Registrant, that allows the
> Registrar to deny a transfer for this reason, notwithstanding that the
> Registrars have no clue how to conduct a bankruptcy search in every nation
> on the globe. Furthermore, not one single person in the community has ever
> stated any useful purpose for this clause. This is a matter of invasion of
> privacy that I doubt any Registrant would voluntarily agree, yet is being
> completely overlooked by the Registrars.
>
> Secondly, I made stringent efforts to be included on this task force as a
> Registrant representative, mindful to ensure the Registrant community was
> included in deliberations, but was thrown off (literally) by Marilyn Cade,
> who silenced my voice by denying my posting privileges. Some time later, a
> GA Representative was appointed, since when there has been no work done.
>
> These are the facts.
>
> Regards,
> Joanna

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827