Re: [ga] More legal ammunition against WLS

George and all assembly members,

George Kirikos wrote:

> Hello,
>
> --- Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> > > "4.2.4 principles for allocation of Registered Names (e.g.,
> > > first-come/first-served, timely renewal, holding period after
> > > expiration);"
> > >
> > > It is reasonable to believe that WLS would represent an alteration
> > of
> > > the allocation of Registered Names, and thus requires a new or
> > revised
> > > specification and/or policy.
> >
> >   I don't see how George.  Section 4.2.4 id dealing with INITIAL
> > registration of a DN, not DN that have lapsed due to non renewal.
>
> I disagree. I don't see the words "initial". It's a change in the
> allocation mechanism for expired names.

  True the word or words "Initial" are not in the section.  It is
implied, and therefor wasn't needed.  However any good
contract language would have included the word "Initial"
in it.  This goes back to my arguments when these contracts
were being discussed (Before your time on these forums),
where I felt that the language was not very good and
specific's were not delineated adequately.  But none the less
the interpretation will be as if "Initial" was intended anyway.

> > you would have a beef with the ICANN Staff, and 2.) In that there is
> > no "Official" vote on WLS which I pushed for but got little support
> > on, it would be difficult to counter claim that a consensus was not
> > present either.
>
> The Registrar Community had the official vote, and WLS lost. That was
> enough to defeat any notion of 'consensus'. Whether the GA held a vote
> becomes moot.

  Well I can see your point here.  But that is not how the ICANN
BOD will see it I imagine, given that Verisign is the "Big Dog"
on the block.  And the fact that only one constituency, "Registry
Constituency, actually voted does not make for a "Consensus"
in any way, shape of from.  Ergo, as I indicated clearly, there
is NO real or broad consensus.  This is how the game
played, George.  We dropped the ball or in other words
we did not insist on a vote by the GA and other accredited
constituencies.  The Noncom for instance was discussing
in earnest the WLS issue but did not hold a vote on it
that I am aware of.

> Sincerely,
>
> George Kirikos
> http://www.kirikos.com/

> http://movies.yahoo.com/

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827