Re: [ga] MP3 technical failure - Another "Load"

Sotiris, Marilyn and all assembly members,

  I have to agree again with Sotiris to a very great degree.  However
Sotiris made a slight mistake at the end of his reply below by
asking one of the same "Spinmiesters" that have created the mess
in part how to proceed from here.  That is an invite to more
spinmistering and non-productive nonsense or further damage
to stakeholders...  So just asking for more brown fecal
matter to be added to the existing "Load" is not what
I hope you had in mind Sotiris..

  BTW Marilyn and Scott still awaiting your phone call or
real contact phone number, per your offers...  ???

Sotiris Sotiropoulos wrote:

> "Cade,Marilyn S - LGA" wrote:
> >
> > I understand "both".    .....and  I know that in order to move ahead, that
> > Thomas and Alex and you, and others in the GA will need to be engaged.
>
> Ok Marilyn, let's have a hear to heart.
>
> It is frustrating to hear that our input is desired and to
> _know_ that heretofore our input has been glossed over and
> completely ignored.  To ask a question and get spin in
> return is enough to test anyone's patience, and these fora
> are replete with just such instances of non
> communication.  Many of us are simply tired of knocking on
> the deaf person's door...
>
> > I agree that ICANN has significant problems/challenges.  It's not easy to be
> > heard or to be effective... however, I attended an ITU Plenipot; several
> > OECD meetings, WIPO meetings....,many meetings of Parliaments and of US
> > Congress...... After that, I can't envision a governmental approach to the
> > management of these issues which moves quickly, provides broad consensus
> > development and is above nationalist perspectives. avoids government
> > encroachment into technical issues of the Internet.
>
> You make a good point here.  I too would hate to see
> governments in charge, but with the prevailing US
> corporate and DoC stranglehold over all things ICANN, it's
> pretty difficult to see a difference between the frying
> pan or the fire, so to speak.
>

> > I know that many think their voice isn't heard at ICANN - some would be
> > amazed that the business community complains about the same issue....
> > but...here's our common challenge:
> >
> > --in multi lateral organizations, only governments have a voice.  You may
> > not think ICANN is much better, but I hope you will give it a further
> > chance. You can always devolve to governmental oversight.
> >  And you can work now to make it better.
>
> Many of us have been trying to do so for four years.  Case
> in point: At the request of others, I assumed the Chair of
> the WG Review when Greg Burton did his deed and
> mysteriously dropped out, we went on to produce a document
> that was not even mentioned on the DNSO web site and was
> clearly ignored by all of you in the NC. Instead, Theresa
> Swineheart misrepresented the "public input" from the only
> WG to ever produce 2! reports...  Since that time nothing
> has changed in ICANN's methodologies -i.e. give token lip
> service to public input and spin whatever angle you
> please, citing the thousands of postings on the GA list as
> credible input that has been taken into account.  When
> this changes, perhaps many of us will take it upon
> ourselves to start working to "make it better".  So, how
> do you suggest we proceed?
>
> --
> Sincerely,
>
> Sotiris Sotiropoulos
>         Hermes Network Inc.
>         Toronto, Canada
>
> ----
> direct: 416.422.1034
>
> icq: 34564103

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827