[ga] From - Re: [ALSC-Forum] Is there a third consensus ?

  • To: General Assembly of the DNSO <ga@dnso.org>
  • Subject: [ga] From - Re: [ALSC-Forum] Is there a third consensus ?
  • From: Jeff Williams <jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Mar 2002 12:14:30 -0800
  • CC: Jefsey Morfin <jefsey@wanadoo.fr>
  • Sender: owner-ga-full@dnso.org

Jefsey and all assembly members,

  Jefsey, I personally would have to agree that I am in agreement with
your two points seeking consensus (See below).

  I will also pass these along to our [INEGROUP] members and have
an immediate Ballot issued.  But I cannot on this short of notice, say
that a plurality of our members will vote on it in 24 hours.  That would
require 48 hours to have a reasonable chance of accomplishing...
So can you graciously give everyone a 24 hour extension please?

Jefsey Morfin wrote:

> I asked yesterday if everyone agreed (consensus) that the resolution of the
> situation created by:
>
> - our consensus that Lynn's evaluation of the inability of the ICANN to
> currentrly fullfil its mission is correct
>
> - our consensus that Lynn's propositions are inadequate
>
> can only result from a consensus of the Internet Community and needs it to
> succeed.
>
> None has objected yet. Please speak-up now if you object. You will kill the
> ICANN but you will save our time.
>
> I will repeat that request until tomorrow. If none seriously object I will
> consider there is a consensus on that need.
>
> I will then ask if there is a consensus on a working method to reach such a
> consensus. I will also dedicate a site and some time to the organization of
> that method which has to be very very light and simple and respect but
> present the work carried by committees.
>
> Otherwise I will dedicate that time to the building of a community
> alternative solution to the ICANN. IMHO we still are in a position to save
> the ICANN, but there are enough forces on the move for the window to close
> this WE.
> Jefsey

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827