Re: [ga] Verisign removing expiration dates from WHOIS Data?

Abel and all assembly members,

Abel Wisman wrote:

> Naw, let's get serious here, of course Chuck works, however, ICANN will
> fail at it's attempting this "coup d'etat" and VGRS will be the (loudly
> and all the way to the bank) laughing 3d party.

  Yes, but this is part of the plan don't you think???

> ccTLD's will NEVER allow this to happen, and forget the number 244,
> there are no 244 ccTLD's, that is only a theoretical number, however,
> lots of TLD's are notwaiting to be "taken over" by ICANN and since the
> governments already installed these boards (ccTLD's) they are not very
> likely to accept a 1 in 50 representation on a "self-appointing" board
> filled to the brim with BIG business members buying their way in to
> posterity.

  I agree that this should not occur, and likely will not if the ccTLD
managers currently, stick together...  Otherwise they could be
picked apart or knocked off one at a time...  So far the count
for ICANN is 2.

> It is clear for all to see that this is not a plan to improve ICANN, the
> internet or anything at all except for long time seats of importance,
> big travel-expenses and loads of add-ons.

  It sure looks an awful lot like it!  It has for some time.  Congress
is on to it though and has been for awhile, yet has not acted strongly
enough yet, and I hope they don't.  Instead DOC/NTIA needs to.
Perhaps they will...  Just remember that Karen Rose is on the
GAC and the NITA's front person, and has been for awhile...

> We'd do better to support jeffsey and Danny and Thomas in writing a
> proposal of our own, backed by the gazillions of users out there then to
> bicker Vint, or any other partner in crime of this Junta.
>
> They have made up their mind, it is time we made up ours, well in time
> for Bucharest and with awakened local politicians in every country and
> the ccTLD's on our side.

  Ok I will set up a ML to do just this.  You Game Abel?

> abel
>
> On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 03:28, Joanna Lane wrote:
> > Maybe because Verisign doesn't pay it's ICANN reps to work at 11.30pm on a
> > Sunday night?

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827