[ga] Re: [ncdnhc-discuss] ICANN endorses controversial ALSC elections report, creates new r estructuring committee

Chun and all,

  Thank you Chun for forwarding this on.  We [INEGroup] predicted
this as well some time ago.  It is a travesty and seemingly a retraction
of the MoU and White Paper.

Chun Eung Hwi wrote:

> Dear members,
>
> Hi! Still, I am in Accra.
> Wake up!
> As I predicted in Public Forum report, no more election!
> Only some mechanism for individual's participation.
>
> "Whereas the Board is not persuaded that global elections are the only or
> the best means of achieving meaningful public representation or the
> informed participation of Internet users in the ICANN process; "
>
> Regards,
>
> Chun Eung Hwi
> Chun Eung Hwi
> General Secretary, PeaceNet | phone:     (+82) 2- 2062-1302
> Seoul Yangchun P.O.Box 81   |   pcs:     (+82) 019-259-2667
> Seoul, 158-600, Korea       | eMail:   ehchun@peacenet.or.kr
>
> On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Raul Echeberria wrote:
>

> > On Thu, 14 Mar 2002, Chris Chiu wrote:
> >
> > > At its meetings in Ghana, the Board of the Internet Corporation for Assigned
> > > Names and Numbers adopted a resolution stating that the organization should
> > > have an electoral structure "of the kind recommended in the ALSC report."
> >
> > Dear Chris:
> >
> > I left Accra before de Board meeting, then my views could be wrong, but I
> > understand that the Board didn't endorse "an electoral structure of the
> > kind recommended in the ALSC report"
> >
> > The two references to the election in the Board resolution are:
> >
> > 1) in the ninth Whereas, when says "the general public interest must be
> > represented in the ICANN policymaking process and on its board"
> >
> > 2) in the last two whereas, saying that Global Elections are not
> > recommendables;
> >
> > In the Resolved [02.16] where mention "..of the kind recommended in the
> > ALSC report" isin relation with "..mechanism of meaningful, informed
> > participation by Internet users..." is not about the electoral structures.
> >

> > The problem now is not 6-9. The problem is bigger.
> >
> > Raul

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827