Re: [ga] Fw: Discussion Paper: Redemption Grace Periods for Deleted Names

In the US Jury parlance a Judge tells the Jury before rushing off to
deliberations to mind their tongue as
it does poorly to state a position emphatically that may later be hard
to retract from.

Your points are well spoken.  Can we work them into a compromise?  Are
we working toward declarations of
War or of Consensus?

Let it be known as a dotcommoner advocate, they are a fine group of lazy
dogs.  Should we or should we not
baby-sit for them.

I say this as those that actually use names do not seem to have this
major problem.  Those who own on
speculation have a harder time.  Although those I work with are already
paying, in one form or another to
have there prized names protected.

May we get this clear that we are talking of those that have lost names
due to failure to renew?

You do not pay your phone bill you lose your phone line and have some
time to pay your bill and retain
your number.

Somebody slap me hard because I cannot understand this concern.

OTOH,  The names resolving or being gathered for further secondary
market warehousing is sick and
disgusting.  When a name becomes available it should be open to the
public - end of story.
Any suggestion that allows a registrar or registry to snap up names as
they expire is ill and also
disgusting.

Eric