Re: [ga] Re: [icann-announce] Kent Crispin Joins ICANN as TechnicalSystems Manager

On Tue, 5 Feb 2002, at 11:28 [=GMT-0800], Bret Fausett wrote:

> Roberto Gaetano wrote:
> > Nevertheless, if I may give my personal view on the subject, it is
> > astonishing how ICANN invariably ends the "long international search" with
> > the selection of individuals with a US passport.
>
> Roberto,
>
> I suspect that has more to do with ICANN's location than anything else. This
> particular job appears to require someone who will work at the physical
> location of ICANN's network infrastructure in Marina del Rey. There are also
> a number of benefits of having staff in one location, regardless of their
> job functions. Had ICANN been based in Geneva, I suspect the nationality of
> its employees would be predominately European if not specifically Swiss.

If I am not very mistaken Geneva based (UN) organizations take particular
care to employ people from all over the world. I doubt that it would have
been impossible to find a suitable candidate from, e.g. Australia, who
would be willing to relocate to California.

Marc Schneiders