Re: [ga] charging for renewals after expiry

Abel and all assembly members,

  I see nothing wrong with charging a "Late Fee" for those whom are
somewhat late in renewing their Domain Name registrations.  But ONLY
by the original registrant.  Failing that, than the Domain Name should
be deleted.

Abel Wisman wrote:

> Assembly,
>
> It has come to my attention that Enom has found an alternative way of making
> money on "late" renewals.
> Now I am not opposed to anyone making a decent profit but it seems to me that
> by doing the following:
>
> Charging a customer a $ 20 surcharge for renewals after expiry date.
>
> Enom creates a think layer between the intrest of the registrar to renew
> ontime and to renew to late.
>
> Given the pro-rata same amount of work (or less if we "forget" a reminder or
> two) charging an amount this size can paint a picture from a client point of
> view that will add to the "weird" impression more and more clients get from
> the registrar community.
>
> I wonder what the opinion of the GA is in this matter
>
> abel
>
> --
> Abel Wisman
> office  +44-20 84 24 24 2 2
> mobile +44-78 12 14 19 16
>
> www.able-towers.com for all your hosting and co-location at affordable prices
> www.url.org domainregistrations, there is no better
> www.grid9.net bandwidth sales, for high-grade solutions
> www.telesave.net for the best rates on long distance calls

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827