Re: [ga] WLS - Better Margins for Registrars

Thursday, Thursday, January 17, 2002, 8:37:32 PM, Eric Schneider wrote:
> Personally speaking, I am in disgust over the devolved science of the insane
> free-for-all hoarding of dropped domain names like a gold rush in the wild
> west while being patronized by the propaganda of registrars claiming that
> they are doing this on my behalf, for my benefit, the consumer.  Grow up and
> stop belittling the consumer by assuming that the only substantial market
> group is that of a speculator.  Keep your eye on the ball stupid and
> remember that you are in the subscription business, the first rule of which
> is to retain subscribership.

All the WLS does is move the process up a level, and lets the Registry
profit from it.

Everyone who claims the WLS will the only way consumers can get a
chance at names is sorely mistaken.  All this will do is make it that
much easier for the speculators, and many of them are all for it,
since the higher cost will keep the riff raff, meaning the
individuals, out of their game.

--
Best regards,
William X Walsh <william@wxsoft.info>

"There is no better way to exercise the imagination than the study of
the law. No artist ever interpreted nature as freely as a lawyer
interprets the truth."
-- Jean Giradoux