RE: [ga] Re: VeriSign Proposal a Done Deal??

David,

The suggestion of a $1-$2 price reminds me of those who claimed that a
registry could be run for 50 cents a name. Knowing first hand what it
costs to run a registry and do so in a quality way, I was always curious
about what service would be provided by such a registry.  In this
particular case, we couldn't even come close to licensing the technology
for such an amount, let alone integrate it into our systems.

One of things I have learned is that processes need to be simple and
well defined, minimizing the need for manual processes, to ensure that
processes scale with increased volume.  In light of this, I would like
to know how you would envision more than one registrant competing for
the same name.

I agree that WLS subsribers should only interface with registrars.  That
is what is proposed.

Chuck

smime.p7s