Re: [ga] CONCERNS - Questions to the chair candidate's (spcl. attn. Eric Dierker)

Eric and all assembly members,

  Well your getting closer to detail.  And I suppose that is some
progress at least.
(More specific responses below in-line)

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Thank you Mr. Williams,
>
> Adopt and see through the best practices.  Implement a series of protocols to ensure
> legitimacy to the GA.

  Good start here IMHO.  Others opinions may vary of course..
As to Implementing a series of protocols, don't you think those
should be developed in a WG and than with some choices, voted
upon by the GA members to insure that the majority of the GA
members are on board?

> Get rid of censorship but establish an automated posting limit at seven.

  Of course censorship in any of it's forms is wrong, and has plagued this
assembly from the beginning.  However it seems to me that a arbitrary
limit on the number of posts is form of censorship.  As such, this would
seem to be disjointed.

> Appoint and support the sublist directors and establish a system so that all are
> publicly brought about to the ga list.

  Ok.  How do you propose to implement this and whom is going to pay
for the overhead costs?

> Ignore outside influence until we have our own house in order.

  I will admit that ignorance is bliss, but to ignore any would be
participant would seem to fly in the face of the White Paper and the
MoU, even if that participant is only a part time participant...

> Establish and maintain internal working groups on my previously listed concerns.

  Good.

> Fight like hell for inclusiveness.

  A resolution by the GA members to require that inclusiveness without
restriction should handle this problem...

> Create a group to enforce through public pressure enforcement of the RFCs?

  A very difficult task here!  Enforce upon whom or what segments of the
Internet stakeholders.  How would this be effected?

> Establish some liaisons with such orgs as IETF,  ORSC, DoC and the like.

  Very good idea.

> Create positions where folks like you and Mr. Walsh have something akin to supoena
> power to get answers to tough question.

  Hummm?  I am not sure that this is reasonable or even possible...

> Support our BoD members that support us.

  Does this include the "Board squatters"?  I would think not..

> Effectiveness is the Key and protocol is the means.

  I think you mean protocols (Plural), but I get your meaning none the less...

> Blessed be those who care.

With ICANN:  Blessed are all the stakeholders for they have inherited the
internet...

> Sincerely,
> Eric
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Eric and all assembly members,
> >
> >   Nice try, no cigar Eric.  I wonder if you could be a little more specific
> > on the issues.  As a Chair candidate, all be it one that is self nominated,
> > it would seem prudent and necessary that you as such a candidate,
> > be much more specific as to the issues facing the GA members.
> >
> > For instance:
> >
> > How do you intend to address the issues from a practical point of view,
> > in detail please, that the GA members have demonstrated in interest in
> > and are DNS related, should you be elected chair?
> >
> > What are the major issues in order of importance in your opinion as
> > a chair candidate?
> >
> >   I think for the present, you will find these two questions put to you
> > as a chair candidate challenging enough to answer especially sense
> > you will undoubtedly be challenged on your answers should you
> > perhaps not be in step with the GA members and existing DNSO GA
> > history thus far.
> >
> >   Of course, more questions will be forthcoming...
> >
> > Eric Dierker wrote:
> >
> > > Dear Mr. Rader,
> > >
> > > Yes I have a specific proposal.
> > >
> > > That proposal is quite simple and direct.
> > >
> > > Commit.  More time and more energy.
> > >
> > > Get these two important pending elections over with and then work
> > > to get some money to get things done.
> > >
> > > Basically I want to;
> > >
> > > "Develop the resources of our Net, call forth its powers, build up
> > > its institutions, promote all its great interests, and see whether we also,
> > > in our day and generation, may not perform something worthy to be
> > > remembered."
> > >
> > > Sincerely,
> > > Eric
> > >
> > > Ps. My apologies for recent ungentlemanly conduct.

Jeffrey A. Williams