Re: [ga] Re: [GTLD Registries List] Will Hal Lubsen please answer the questions, or is openness a 'sham' on this forum?

Eric and all assembly members,

  Good question.  I am sure we are not yet aware of what the complete
answer is either.  What we do already know as has thus far been
reported by several Registrants of late regarding Versign and Register.com
is that the process thus far set forth for Transfers of Domain Names
between registrars is not being followed or botched due to lack
of knowledge as to how to properly execute such.  It is also terribly
evident that the ICANN staff has yet to take corrective action with
respect to reported Verisign transfer errors, either purposeful or
otherwise that would be adequate to correct the problem and send
a message to other registrars as to what they should expect.

Eric Dierker wrote:

> This is starting to make me very nervous about Transfer issues.
>
> My goodness if this is how they handle registrations what kind of nightmare
> should we expect when we want to transfer?
>
> Eric
>
> Jeff Williams wrote:
>
> > Richard and all,
> >
> >   It seem that the practice of the "ICANN Accredited" Registries such
> > as Afilias is relatively not interested in their customer base or
> > potential
> > registrants in many respects and feels that it can flaunt or ignore the
> > Accreditation Contract that the ICANN Staff is supposed to
> > oversee at will.  I amongst many of our members also have gotten
> > not response from Afilias on specific registration issues outstanding
> > regarding the "Sunrise" period as well...
> >
> > Richard Henderson wrote:
> >
> > >    I note with regret that Hal Lubsen (CEO of Afilias) has failed to
> > > respond to my specific and detailed concerns, voiced on behalf of many
> > > members of the Internet community who have got no answer from him on
> > > other forums. Our concern, clearly expressed, was that consumers were
> > > defrauded by the Afilias roll-out, and that Hal Lubsen's company
> > > DomainBank had profited from the submission of ineligible data in the
> > > Sunrise, at the expense of honest customers.
> > >
> > > We were also dismayed that over half of all fake Sunrise claims had
> > > been submitted, for profit, by Afilias executives or directors. We
> > > shared the view of honest Afilias director Robert Connelly that this
> > > Sunrise fraud and roll-out was "an abomination".
> > >
> > > Hal Lubsen is a member of this forum but has failed to respond to
> > > these very serious concerns. Of course, everyone knows that he is
> > > under no obligation to answer any questions raised here, but bearing
> > > in mind that a major purpose of the forum is to promote "openness and
> > > transparency", his failure to answer serious issues directed
> > > specifically at him is hugely dosappointing.
> > >
> > > Is this a rogue industry where the customer is simply ignored?
> > >
> > > Or could Hal Lubsen simply give open and transparent answers to
> > > questions put to him.
> > >
> > > I find his silence and evasion a dismal sign of the contempt in which
> > > honest customers appear to be held.
> > >
> > > Come on Hal, please do the decent thing and answer.
> > >
> > > Happy New Year to everyone
> > >
> > > Richard Henderson
> > > (www.theinternetchallenge.com)
> > >

> > Regards,
> > --
> > Jeffrey A. Williams
> > Spokesman for INEGroup - (Over 121k members/stakeholdes strong!)
> > CEO/DIR. Internet Network Eng/SR. Java/CORBA Development Eng.
> > Information Network Eng. Group. INEG. INC.
> > E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
> > Contact Number:  972-244-3801 or 214-244-4827
> > Address: 5 East Kirkwood Blvd. Grapevine Texas 75208
> >
> > --

Jeffrey A. Williams