Re: Re[2]: [ga] Mr. Qaddafi Salutes Verisign - US shuts down Somaliainternet

on 11/23/01 10:06 PM, William X Walsh at william@wxsoft.info wrote:

> Friday, Friday, November 23, 2001, 4:33:51 PM, Joanna Lane wrote:
>
>> Subject: BBC News  AFRICA  US shuts down Somalia internet
>
>> http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/world/africa/newsid_1672000/1672220.stm
>
>> US shuts down Somalia internet.
>
> Let's get it right.
>
> The US and its allies froze the assets of companies which have been
> funnelling money to terrorist organizations and cells, and 2 of those
> companies were involved in telecommunications/internet services in
> Somalia, and find themselves unable to operate as a result.
>
> One thing that is a reality in any kind of war, innocents, guilty of
> nothing but fate, will be inconvenienced, hurt, even killed.  You do
> everything you can to minimize that, but there are times when the
> effects of not taking an action are graver than the side effects of
> that action.
>
> I'm sure that, in the long run, the country will benefit from the
> opportunity now available for organizations/companies who are not tied
> to terrorism related organizations or activities to come in and setup
> non-corrupt services and infrastructure.

Then you would have no objection to the US cutting ties with any other
corporation tied to terrorism related organizations and activities. In which
case, look no further than VeriSign, Network Solutions and ICANN. These
pillars of our community are amongst those building a fine reputation for
services and infrastructure tied to terrorism related organizations.

Check out www.palestine-info.net, Registrar: Network Solutions. Don't forget
to stop by the "Glory Record" at: www.palestine-info.com/hamas/glory. Using
the pseudonym Ziyad Sadaqa, Ziyad Khalil registered as the administrative
and billing contact for www.palestine-info.net, a multilingual site
supporting Hamas. Hamas appears on the U.S. State Department's list of
foreign terrorist organizations. Just when Khalil began working for a bin
Laden associate has never been disclosed. But by 1996, al Qaeda had a need
for him. http://www.kcstar.com/item/pages/home.pat,local/3accfd88.919,.html

WHOIS information for palestine-info.com:
Registrar:     NETWORK SOLUTIONS, INC.

address:     Beruit
      ,       LB

Admin contact:     Sadaqa, Ziyad
email:     salamnet@AOL.COM
phone:     407 7190460
fax:

Tech contact:     Administration
email:     mailroom@FASTDNS.NET
phone:     630 3578545
fax:     630 3578545

Nameservers:     ns.host4u.net
ns2.host4u.net

And if you're thinking of buying from ICANN accredited Registrar
www.Domaininfo.com, you might like to know they are the Registrar for the
Iraqi State owed URULINK.NET, which is running the Iraq satellite TV channel
at Iraqtv.ws. Domaininfo.com also boasts doing business with Aghanistan.

Registrar:domaininfo.com
Domain Name: uruklink.net

[Owner of domain]
osama khalid
27 april street
baghdad,  0000
IQ

[Administrative contact]
khalid, osama ama_72@yahoo.com
+964 1 5372494
Fax: +964 1 5434731
27 april street
0000 baghdad
IQ

[Technical contact]
khalid, osama ama_72@yahoo.com
+964 1 5372494 Fax: +964 1 5434731
27 april street
0000 baghdad
IQ

[Zone contact]
khalid, osama ama_72@yahoo.com
+964 1 5372494 Fax: +964 1 5434731
27 april street
0000 baghdad
IQ

Record created: 29 May 2000
Record last changed: 22 Nov 2001
Domain expires: 29 May 2005

Primary name server:   nic5.uruklink.net (64.152.46.1)
Secondary name server: nic6.uruklink.net (64.152.46.2)
The previous information has been obtained either directly from the
registrant or a registrar of the domain name other than Network Solutions.
Network Solutions, therefore, does not guarantee its accuracy or
completeness.

Since these Registrars paid a proportion of the Registration fees into
VeriSign's coffers for the privilege of being entered into the Registry for
the ICANN root, that puts both ICANN and VeriSign firmly in the frame for
actively promoting infrastructure that directly benefits terrorism.

Regards,

Joanna