Re: [ga] WIPO Arbitrators Stern In Domain 'Hijacking' Rulings

Roeland and all assembly members,

Roeland Meyer wrote:

> Actually, I'm with Dassa on this one. Besides, the perp would simply laugh
> at any ICANN monetary demands.  The best we could possibly do is to ban the
> perp from the UDRP process forever.

  I partially with both of you on this one Roeland.  I would suggest, as
we have before, that in any case where the original filer of a UDRP
complaint lost the decision and the situation was ones like the article
outlined, that the looser would be remanded to pay a penalty amount
that is severe enough to discourage such action and in addition would
not allow that organization or person to file another complaint until
or unless the damages had been paid to the defendant in the previous
incident in full and could show such.

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827