Re: [ga] Inclusion/Outreach/Participation/Consensus

Eric and all assembly members,

  I support Erics call for determining consensus on this matter.
Therefore I would ask Danny to request the Secretariat to
prepare a ballot on this matter based on the following wording
if it meets with Erics, and Jefsey's approval:

  The Wit:
Whereas the DNSO GA members believe that the Business Constituency
(BC) allow the full membership of New.net post haste and without
any delay.  Yes/For [] no/against []

Eric Dierker wrote:

> Participants,
>
> The following quote can be found via Icann home page by clicking through
> "participate in ICANN" or directly at;
> http://www.icann.org/participate/  (my comments below, if you care)
>
> "         Perhaps the best argument for getting involved in the ICANN
> process is that it matters to the future of the Internet. The domain
> name and IP address systems on which most Internet traffic now depends
> have been remarkable technological success stories: the standards are
> open and non-proprietary, and they have proven capable of supporting the
> massive exponential growth of the Internet since the mid-1980s. Many
> challenges now confront these systems, including fears about the
> potential exhaustion of the IP address space and conflicts between
> domain names and legally-defined trademark rights.
>
>          By getting involved in the ICANN process, you can help
> determine the future of the Internet's systems of unique identifiers. "
>
> This or substantially similar language is what I found after Peter de
> Blanc directed me there to learn more.  Because of this language I got
> involved in the Wg-Review.  Of all of the insults the denial of allowing
> participation is by far the gravest.  It is not ability to attract
> participation that is the problem it is how we are treated when we try
> to participate.
>
> I hereby ask that we in the GA reach a consensus that in our GA we
> believe that NewNet should be given membership in the BC.
>
> Sincerely,
> Eric

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827