Re: [ga] rolling up the sleeves.

Joop and all assembly members,

Joop Teernstra wrote:

> Danny and all,
>
> In case people are not aware of this , I presented a draft Charter for an
> Individuals' Constituency at the GA meeting in Montevideo.
>
> Peter the Blanc was looking for a proposal to put his name under, perhaps
> there are other GA members who would want to indicate their broad support
> for such a Charter by affixing their name to it.
>
> www.democracy.org.nz/idno/ICcharter.htm
>
> Constructive criticism is most welcome.  We can discuss improvements on the
> GA-icann sublist.

  I think on this list is sufficient...  The sublist, which of late have hardly
been
used, are and always have been divisive and a basic distraction to all of
the assembly members.

  Here are the specific problems I see with your IC Charter:
From: http://www.democracy.org.nz/idno/ICcharter.htm

4.1. IC constituency membership is open to any person who
is an individual domain name holder

4.2 An Individual Domain Name Holder is any person who
can demonstrate a level of control over a specified domain name
that a reasonable person would conclude grants the individual
person the exclusive legal right to exploit the specified
domain name worldwide subject to applicable laws.

     " Examples of items that may be submitted in support of an
application include but are not limited to
      (i) evidence of applicants name on domain contact information
      (ii) evidence of applicant's funds used to pay registration fees, if any
      (iii) evidence that the applicant may cause the domain name to be
relinquished
      (iv) evidence that the applicant is the beneficial holder of
any domain name that is registered or operated by a third party
      (v) Where the applicant does not hold direct control over t
he domain name, written evidence must be provided that the
controlling party is acting on instructions of the beneficial holder
and that such instructions may be withdrawn at the applicant's
sole discretion."

  These requirements would restrict membership to only Domain Name
owners/holders that have registered a Domain Name as and individual
or a third party that is holding that Domain name in the intended registrants
or otherwise holders name, or provide evidence to such.

  Given this bias restriction, to call this proposed constituency a
"IC" or Individuals Constituency is misleading at best...

> I am especially interested to hear comment on the funding idea's presented
> there (a fourth level nnn.members.icann.org domain name for all members of
> this constituency as real value for the proposed $12 membership fee.)

  I think you are going to have trouble for funding something called an
"Individuals Constituency" when it does not represent any and all
potential Individuals or stakeholders...

> Better funding idea's are of course welcome too.
>
> --Joop

Jeffrey A. Williams
E-Mail jwkckid1@ix.netcom.com
Contact Number:  972-447-1800 x1894 or 214-244-4827