[ga] RE: Montevideo GA meeting, 8 Sep 2001, agenda

On the topic of candidate presentations Roberto writes:

"Partly, the GA recuperates it. I say partly because the GA is not the body
that will be in charge of the next step, therefore the most appropriate forum
would have been the NC open meeting."

There was an attempt made by Vany (in her comments to the NC Intake Committee
- Aug. 21) to set this up.  She wrote:

"Hi to all:  I suppouse that a presentation of every candidate will be in the
agenda
of the NC, right?  If not, let me know, please."

The NC Chair (eight days later) provided the Agenda for the NC which included
"update on GA session with candidates (Philip) 5 mins".   This is presumably
necessary because it can be expected that some NC candidates cannot be
bothered to show up for the GA candidates session (their decision to elect a
certain candidate already made).

Within Phil Sheppard's agenda for the NC there is no session with the
candidates... and more importantly, no member of the NC has vocally
remonstrated about this.  Why should they require a session with the
candidates if they have already received voting instructions from their
constituency?  They will not be voting their conscience, they will be voting
the party-line.